Saturday 3 January 2015

Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two


Shrimp with lemon, lemon zest and garlic over zucchini noodles – this dish is EASY low-carb, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, very satisfying and took less than 20 minutes to make, start to finish and it was DELICIOUS!

2014 was certainly the year for the zoodles (zucchini noodles)! Ever since buying my FAVORITE cooking gadget, the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer I was hooked! I've been swapping pasta for zucchini noodles ever since. It's the easiest way to make zucchini noodles, cucumber noodles, sweet potato spirals, spiralized beets and more! Prior to owning one, I used my mandolin but it's so much quicker and easier (and safer) with this fun gadget – you NEED one!!

Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two – a quick and easy spiralized meal!

I took a break from zoodles for a few months because I may have over-did it this summer, but now that it's January I dusted off my Paderno and have been making them all week.

If you are new to zucchini noodles, a few tips: don't cook the zucchini longer than 2 minutes or it will become watery. I usually cook it 1-1/2 minutes so they stay firm yet warm. You can even eat it raw, like in this awesome Raw Spiralized Zucchini Salad with Avocado and Edamame.


Zucchini noodles are also great in Asian dishes, try this Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles, under 300 calories!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment