Wednesday 11 March 2015

Spiralized Mexican Sweet Potato and Chicken Casserole

Spiralized Mexican Sweet Potato and Chicken Casserole #zoodles #swoodles

If you're looking for new recipes to make using your spiralizer, this one's for you! This Mexican inspired casserole is made with spiralized sweet potatoes, shredded chicken, black beans and corn in a delicious guajillo pepper sauce topped with melted Pepper Jack cheese – SO good, and the portions are very generous!


I've been experimenting with my Paderno Spiralizer, last week I spiralized broccoli stems with turned out awesome in this Spiralized Beef and Broccoli dish. This week I decided to spiralize a sweet potato. Normally I simply roast them, but my friend and brainstormed thinking about what else to do with it and came up with this dish.


The sauce is AMAZING, a recipe she got from her Mexican friend made from dried guajillo peppers which are very mild in heat. If you want this spicy, you could add some chipotle en adobo to the sauce as well. If you cant find dried guajillo chili peppers, I suggest using 2 to 3 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce in it's place although it will be spicier.

Spiralized Mexican Sweet Potato and Chicken Casserole #zoodles #swoodles

The quickest way to make this is using leftover chicken. I usually have shredded chicken on hand that I make in the slow cooker, you can see that recipe here or boil it 10 minutes on the stove as mentioned in the recipe below.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment