Wednesday 4 March 2015

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots with Balsamic Glaze

 An easy, delicious side dish.

These pan roasted brussels sprouts are perfectly charred, and finished with a sweet balsamic glaze. Please welcome my friend and guest author Jackie Ourman, who writes at CAFE Celiac & Allergy Friendly Epicurian. I tested these out myself while taking the photos and we LOVED this recipe!

I am slightly obsessed with Brussels sprouts. I love all of my veggies but these are definitely high up on the list. I often crisp up pancetta or bacon and then roast the sprouts in the fat. They get a little soft in order to have the rich color I like but that’s ok because I still have the crunchy bacon or pancetta to sprinkle on top.


Now that I am watching my calories, I’m forced to think a bit more creatively about how to get that delicious roasted flavor without softening the Brussels sprouts too much. In this recipe, instead of roasting them in the oven for a long time, I quickly brown the Brussels sprouts with shallots in a sauté pan and then roast them for just 10-12 minutes.

Everything comes out deliciously caramelized yet there is still a nice bite. The drizzle of balsamic glaze adds a hint of sweetness and is the perfect pairing.  I couldn’t stop eating them. I will likely double the recipe next time because this dish almost didn’t make it to the dinner table.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment