Thursday 18 December 2014

Pressure Cooker Pozole (Pork and Hominy Stew)

Delicious and comforting for a chilly winter night.

This stew made with pork, hominy and spices is so comforting, especially on a cold winter night. And leftovers taste even better the next day. Topped with avocado and a squeeze of lime, it's the perfect balance of flavors and textures.


This recipe is ever so slightly adapted from Martha Stewart's new cookbook, One Pot. When I say ever so slightly, all I did what reduce the amount of oil used. We all loved how it turned out, excellent dish for a chilly night. Her book has everything from slow cooker, pressure cooker, stock pot and skillet recipes that only require one pot – brilliant idea!


Believe it or not, I love my pressure cooker even more than I like my slow cooker. Why? Because it cuts the cooking time in half, especially when making stews that use tough cuts of meat and the pressure cooker makes them very tender, fast. Plus, nothing beats the flavors you get from cooking in the pressure cooker. That being said, I know a lot of people are scared of the pressure cooker. I've been using my stove top Presto for years and never had an issue. I purchased one of those fancy electric ones but have yet to use it, but either one will work.

Could you make this in a pot or Dutch oven? Sure, you will need to add a little more liquid and let it simmer, covered at least 2 hours before adding the Hominy.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment