Sunday 20 July 2014

Lentil Salad



This healthy salad is made with cooked lentils and diced fresh diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, parsley and lemon juice – perfect to make ahead for lunch for the week as the flavors only get better overnight. It's also vegan, high in fiber, protein and only about 100 calories per serving.


I've LOVE making my chicken and lentil soup, but I was never really a fan of using lentils in a salad (I'm a picky legume eater). But the other day I bought a small lentil salad at my local health food store to try and take to the beach and really enjoyed it, but I paid twelve dollars a pound for it (for a small container). For that price I'll make it myself for a fraction of what I paid, plus this makes a lot so you'll get a few meals out of it. If you're not a fan of lentils, you can use any legume such as white beans, chick peas or a mix.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment