Thursday 2 April 2015

Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes

 Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes - a healthier sweet potato pancake!

Latkes – a healthier take on a traditional deep fried potato pancakes, these are lightly pan fried in a small amount of olive oil, made with sweet potatoes instead of white and made EASY by using a spiralizer because it eliminates the need to grate the potatoes, which can take a lot of time. With the spiralizer, it only takes minutes. Of course, if you don't have a spiralizer you can grate them with a box grater instead.


The question I get asked most often is what spiralizer I own. There are lots on the market which are fine, but I love my Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer because it's made well and it's easy to use and clean. I own the three-blade which is perfect for what I need.

Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes - a healthier sweet potato pancake!

The ingredients are simple: sweet potatoes, scallions, garlic and egg. I knew I wanted to lightly saute them in a pan with just a trace amount of oil and tried to see if they would hold without using flour and they worked out perfect, so they are kosher, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly. You'll want to make them and eat them right away, they are best when they are hot. These go perfect with Braised Brisket – enjoy!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment