Tuesday 17 February 2015

Sticky Baked Chicken with Apricot, Sage and Lemon Zest


Sweet, succulent roasted chicken. Get a napkin and be prepared to get your fingers dirty!

Seems like everyone I know has read or watched the movie, Fifty Shades. I on the other hand have not read the book, but I do plan on seeing the movie just so I can see what the hype's all about.


But I did get my hands on the Fifty Shades of Chicken: A Parody in a Cookbook. This cookbook is hilarious, with beautiful and somewhat risky nude photos of chicken... I couldn't stop laughing. And the recipes are actually really good – talk about the perfect gift for a foodie/Christian Grey fan! Recipes like Steamy White Meat, Dripping Thighs, Bacon Bound Wings, Chicken Strip Tease, just to name a few. I couldn't put it down or decide which to make, so I went with "Please Don't Stop Chicken".

I did have to modify the recipe to make it light. Originally it called for a whole chicken cut up, you can use any chicken parts you like but I went for drumsticks since I love them and they are leaner than thighs. I also removed the skin to reduce the fat, you really don't mind because they are coated with a delicious glaze.


And this week only, I'm giving 10 copies of the Fifty Shades of Chicken: A Parody in a Cookbook away! To enter fill out the form below, ends Sunday!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment