Tuesday 4 November 2014

Slow Cooker Moroccan Chickpea and Turkey Stew


Ground turkey and chickpeas are slow cooked with turmeric, paprika, coriander and lots of vegetables for a cozy dish that only gets better with time – so leftovers make a delicious lunch. This is also freezer friendly and naturally gluten-free.

It's so strange how addicted I am to chickpeas these days – a legume I once stayed far away from. Now I can' get enough of them, and since they are high in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, I'm glad I've learned to love them. One bowl is very satisfying, and it has a touch of spice. If you prefer to keep it mild, you can leave out the red pepper flakes.


And since so many are asking, I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker. I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it's done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This crock pot is so great, I actually own two!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment